[sane-devel] parallel port sniffing?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:32:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
> Le 12/06/2012 14:52, Gernot Hassenpflug a écrit :
>
>> So I am wondering about the other question I asked: how would one
>> sniff parallel port devices? I've never done that before.

Hello Stef,

>    long go, I wrote a custom VxD that sets debug interrupts on parallel port
> addresses and then
> logs I/O in for of ASM opcodes. It works only in win 95 or win98. I can send
> it if you want.

Thank you for your reply---that sounds interesting. It is the first
reply I had, which I find a bit strange: does most development for
paralletl scanners rely on them working with a parallel-to-USB
connector (and then using UsbSnoop)?
I'll try that initially too, but I am afraid that the ALPS scan
software may not work at all, hence my looking at direct parallel
options.
At the moment I lack a Win95 or Win98 VM to try this on, but I'll keep
your kind offer in mind.

Many thanks once again,
Gernot Hassenpflug