[sane-devel] Canon LiDe 210 Genesys backend gone wrong

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jun 27 19:03:49 UTC 2012

Le 27/06/2012 16:27, Jay Christnach a écrit :
> Hi, Thanks for not giving up on it.
>
> 1) system with working scanner:
> Laptop HP625
> Kernel 2.6.38-15-generic-pae #61-Ubuntu 32 bit
> libusb-0.1-4 version 2:0.1.12-17
> libusb-1.0-0 version 2:1.0.8-2
>
> 2) system where light doesn't turn on:
> Abit Mainboard with AMD64X2 5600+
> Kernel 3.2.0-25-generic #40-Ubuntu 32 bit
> libusb-0.1-4 version 2:0.1.12-20
> libusb-1.0-0 version 2:1.0.9-rc3-2ubuntu1
>
> The problem occured also when both machines where running Ubuntu 11.04
> with the same kernel version except the one on the desktop was 64 bit.
>
> Another hint: On the desktop running the scanner inside VirtualBox
> with Windows XP and the linux kernel 1)  above as the host OS it
> doesn't work for now. Although I recall that it worked once. The
> kernel versions are changing rather often nowadays along with the
> updates.
>
> I found nothing relevant to USB in the BIOS, so I haven't tried
> anything in this direction.
>
> There is no message being logged when the light doesn't turn on.
>
> In the past I compiled some kernels from source, maybe I should try to
> revert to an older kernel for testing. I'm not sure if I'm able to get
> it to work though. Grub has got so complicated and I'm not sure if I
> run into problems with the versions of libc and so on.
>
> Best greetings from Luxembourg

     Hello,
<http://dl.free.fr/gEzUYJkHX>
     thanks for all these data. I have uploaded at
http://dl.free.fr/gEzUYJkHX a small 'gl124' unit test program. It does
an uncorrected color scan at 150 dpi. It is a fully static 32 binary
using libusb-1.0.9 . Put it in a directory, copy your genesys.conf file
in the same directory then run it. You should see the lamp switch on.
I'm curious to know how it behaves in the "buggy" hardware combination.

Regards,
      Stef