[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 9000F and others: 48 bit flatbed scan

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sat Jun 30 08:07:28 UTC 2012

Am 29.06.2012 19:22, schrieb llarevo at gmx.net:

> In xsane one finds for greyscale and line art 75 dpi available. Scanning
> with 75dpi-lineart as normal user gives the error message "operation
> canceled", while it works as root.

Why do you need root rights? Copy sane-backends/tools/udev/libsane.rules
to /etc/udev/rules.d/, join group 'scanner' and login again. Then xsane,
scanimage & co. should run without root rights.

> I'm neither sure, if the scanner provides a 75 dpi mode at all, nor if
> this is some kind of xsane-"error", nor if this has got to with other
> settings on my machine. And it doesn't bother me, its just a remark.

The backend only provides the supported resolutions (CS9000F):
- normal flatbed:  75 ... 4800 dpi
- 48 bit flatbed: 150 ... 4800 dpi
- TPU:            300 ... 9600 dpi

My CS9000F works without any error messages.

If you still have problems, please provide some debug output:
- open a console
- enable dubug output: 'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4'
- start xsane from the command line, e.g. with 'xsane &> pixma.log'
- send the debug messages to the mailing list, e.g. attach pixma.log to
the email

Cheers,
Rolf