[sane-devel] Problem with Avision Backend

leandro ruiz leandro.asds at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 17:13:14 UTC 2012

 Hi
My apologies for my bad English.

I have a problem with  Avision backend.
using a Frontend own:
In the Sane version 1.0.21 works correctly.
In the sane version 1.0.22 , I have an SANE_STATUS_INVAL(the device name is
not valid)  error , but the device name is correct.

Using a scanimage with option b.
In the sane version 1.0.21 works correctly
In the sane version 1.0.22, For every sheet the scanner pulls,stops and
sucks , causing a big delay.
The unstable (development) source is also the same behavior as the version
1.0.22.

These tests were made on a Avision 122 scanner.

I also tested with  Avision 220-G and the behavior is the follow:
In the sane version 1.0.22, using  Xsane and scanimage, I get the error
SANE_STATUS_IO_ERROR.

All versions the Sane have been build and install.
Os : Mandriva 2010.1 y OpenSuse 12.1

Thanks!
Leandro