[sane-devel] xsane mail settings

Barry Tigner tigner at msu.edu
Thu May 10 20:08:29 UTC 2012

Hi again,

Ok, I found the problem. It is in this code...

  /* make sure password is not stored in ascii text */
  /* this is very simple but better than nothing */
  for (i=0; i<strlen(preferences.email_auth_pass); i++)
  {
    preferences.email_auth_pass[i] ^= 0x53;
  }

When the first character of the password is a capital S,
which is 0x53, xoring it with 0x53 turns it to a null (zero)
character, which is intrepeted as a blank string.

Barry

--
Barry Tigner
MSU PA Electronics Design and Service Ctr.
Email: tigner at msu.edu
Phone: 517-884-5538