[sane-devel] How to set up SANE

Mahashai Vagisha vagisha.bvps at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 03:06:08 UTC 2012

Dear Friend

Could anyone help me? I want to install SANE on my linux.

I got Ylmf_OS_3.0. This is a modified Ubuntu 10.

I am using Canoscan 9000. I assume that the Canoscan 8800 backend would work.

I would like to use Finereader via Wine, but if there is a better option I would be OK with it. I scan many pages a day and therefore the auto-scan option is essential.

I know that I have to install backend and frontend for the scanner. Unfortunately I am mew to the whole thing so if anyone could make a step by step guide, I would appreciate. I would suggest to put this guide on the website too. So newcomers could easily set up their devices.

I was thinking of something like this:

1. download sane from www....
2. download backend from www.....
3. run frontend and backand in the terminal.
4. configure your scanner using ....

Thank you so much.

Sincerely
Vagisha