[sane-devel] Canon 9000F

Sergey Zolotaryov anydoby at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:19:13 UTC 2012

Good afternoon,

Yesterday I started setting up my CanoScan 9000F. According to the docs
sane supports this scaner since last year. I compiled the sources for
sane-backend (with libusb) the sane-find-scaner output is the following:

anydoby at anydoby-System-Product-Name:~/sane/sane-backends/backend$
sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
# you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x1908) at libusb:002:012
found USB scanner (vendor=0x0df6, product=0x0040) at libusb:001:004
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
# can't be detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
# found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
# necessary.

I assume the  (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x1908) is my scanner, as for the
second line, I suspect this is my webcam.

The scanimage -L output is not good:

anydoby at anydoby-System-Product-Name:~/sane/sane-backends/backend$ scanimage
-L
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname VF0610 Live! Cam Socialize HD virtual
device

I do not see the scaner. I have added an entry "usb 0x04a9 0x1908" to the
/etc/sane.d/pixma.conf as was recommended in some post on the topic, but
still nothing is detected. What can I do about it? I am sure that the
scaner works, as under Windows it worked ok.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Zolotaryov