[sane-devel] scanimage -L has stopped working, sane-find-scanner still detects

Bryan McNeil bryan.mcneil at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:56:22 UTC 2012

I'm running mac osx 10.7 and originally was set up using the packages
available here: http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/ (libusb, sane backends,
twain sane interface). My scanner was being detected fine last week, since
then I installed drivers for a different scanner (No way that caused this
problem I imagine) and configured, and make install'd the libusb source.
After that scanimage -L was no longer working, but sane-find-scanner still
found the device. The result for that is: found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9
[Canon], product=0x2220 [CanoScan], chip=LM983x?) at
libusb:001:002-04a9-2220-ff-00. I've tried reinstalling those pakcages
again with no success. Searching around on this archive I found someone
with a similar problem who fixed it by configuring and make installing his
sources again but that has not worked for me.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.