[sane-devel] mustek_usb2 SQ113 Tevion MD 90070

Christian Schmitt chris at ilovelinux.de
Fri May 25 10:52:13 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I have the following scanner here:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/tevion-md90070.html

This one *should* work with mustek_usb2, but it doesn't. It's identical
(hardware-wise) with the Microtek S280, apart from the USB Vendor and
Product ID.

I edited the backend source to detect this device. Then I did some USB
sniffing under windows, which shows different register values being used for
some commands.

I fixed the SDRAM handling (ran into a "test error" before). The difficult
part is the motor PWM handling, which I have not much of a clue about.

I wonder if I should start from scratch with an empty backend template
instead of "fixing" the mustek_usb2 backend. Also, some more info on the
internals of the registers would be useful, but I failed to get any
datasheets.

Is anyone able to help me here?

Cheers
Chris