[sane-devel] fujitsu (avision) scanner not being found after some time

dabicho tsukebumi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:04:28 UTC 2012

Hello.
I am working on a system with a function to scan documents.
When this option is selected, a new process is started to look, open and
configure a scanner and scan the documents.
However after some time, sane_find_scanner takes a long time to return and
finds nothing.
It is needed to turn on and off the scanner or unplug and plug again the
usb cable.

Why is this happening?
Is there any way I can workaround this in software?

As part of the scanner configuration, I am doing

sane_control_option(saneH, powerSaveTimeOpt, SANE_ACTION_SET_VALUE,
&powerTime, &rVal);

where powerSaveTimeOpt has the correct value as returned by
sane_get_option_descriptor(saneH, j); // name is "power-save-time"
and powerTime has a value of 0
As I found that was an issue with another avision scanner. But this is not
working this time.

The scanner is
device `avision:libusb:001:012' is a Fujitsu fi-5015C flatbed scanner
Sane backends are
1.0.22

Thank you for any light you can shed into this.