[sane-devel] fujitsu (avision) scanner not being found after some time

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:17:15 UTC 2012

Some scanners go to sleep, and cannot wake up using SANE. This is
because they shut down USB endpoint 0 to save power. This is in
violation of the USB spec. This does not present a problem on windows,
because the driver stays running, and so does not use endpoint 0 after
the driver starts. We use endpoint 0 every time we open the device.
The Fujitsu fi-6670 has this problem, for instance.

I am not sure this is your problem here, but it sounds like it.

Perhaps you should stop changing the power-save-time option, and see
if that helps?

allan