[sane-devel] Canon DR-3010C scanner

Milko Simeonov msimeonov at INTEPRO-BG.COM
Tue Nov 27 06:02:30 UTC 2012

Hi Stef,

At least as per its manual, this device (the flatbed unit) cannot operate on its own. You need to have a scanner (for example a DR-3010C) and this flatbed unit is an addition to the scanner. I've tried in Windows - if you connect only the flatbed unit, you cannot scan. You need to have both devices connected. Of course, this could simply be a restriction set on purpose in the Windows driver.

I can give you full remote access to a Windows PC and to a Linux PC with both scanning devices connected, and I can ensure there will be a person you can talk to at all times. Would this be OK?

Cheers,
Milko

On 26/11/2012 16:07, m. allan noah wrote:
> This device does not use the same protocol as other DR machines. It is
> actually a Gensys chipset. Stef has some more info, but I think it
> will take a much more effort to make the flatbed work.
>
> allan

     Hello,

     this scanner is a GL846 based scanner. This ASIC isn't supported
yet in the genesys backend. The usual process is to record USB activity
of the windows driver and use it along register description to make
working code. This code can be kick started by cloning gl847 code part.
     If you send me this scanner, then I could add support it.

Regards,
     Stef