[sane-devel] Driver for scanner's family PIXMA MG5100 Series.

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:10:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Geometra Massimo Claudio Luigi
VIOLETTA - Via Timoleone 120 - 95126 Catania - 095 7124670 - 338 341
1897 <vioma at violettamassimo.com> wrote:
> Dear Gernot Hassenpflug,
> my name is simply Massimo (Max in English).
> Surveyor is my title, I am of Engineering.

Hello Max,
Thank you for your explanation.

> I installed Ubuntu 12.04. The current version does not work with the scanner
> Xsane Pixma MG5150.

OK, that is understandable, the development is happening in the CVS code.

> I'm new to the Linux world.
> Where can I find the CVs repository and Git?
> Thank you.

http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html

You need git, and then you can write in a src directory where you want
to keep the code:
git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug