[sane-devel] Support for Canoscan 4400F

Derek Atkinson datatag at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:15:46 UTC 2012

Hi

I've run Linux in parallel with Windows for some time now and I'm slowly
migrating my stuff over to Linux, only rarely dipping into Windows when I
need to run critical WIn32 software (something I'm needing to do less often
these days).

I'm trying to get my Canoscan 4400F working under Linux and I see some
interest has been expressed in adding this model to the Genesys backend the
past, but it seems to have stalled.

I realise this isn't a trivial task and although I'm no programmer, I'd be
glad to offer some help to get this model included as it's quite a good
unit that also scans 35mm negs and I don't want to replace it if I don't
have to!

If it helps, I'm now running Mint 13 Maya with Sane 0.998 and the output of
"sane-find-scanner -q" for the 4400F is: (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x2228,
chip=GL845?) at libusb:002:004

Is there a chance the 4400F may be included and, if so, is there anything
else I can do to assist?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards

Derek Atkinson

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!