[sane-devel] scanbd with old udev version

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 06:58:08 UTC 2013

2013/8/22 Wilhelm <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de>

> Am 21.08.2013 23:27, schrieb Sander Devrieze:
>
>> 2013/8/21 Wilhelm <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de <mailto:wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de*
>> *>>
>>
>>     Am 21.08.2013 16:04, schrieb Sander Devrieze:
>>
>>         2013/8/21 Wilhelm <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
>>         <mailto:wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de**> <mailto:wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
>>
>>         <mailto:wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de**>>
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>     Mmh, looks good.
>>
>>     So, if scanimage finds the scanner (started with the uid/gid as in
>>     scanbd.conf), scanbd should find it too, if started as root and the
>>     env-var SANE_CONFIG_DIR set.
>>

>> Scanimage does not find the scanner right now. It did only find the
>> scanner when not using the net backend os sane.
>>

> That's ok. For a desktop machine using scanbd and local scanning apps
> (like scanimage), scanbd / scanbm must be running. Please read 0.1)
> solution from the README.txt: scanbm acts as a proxy for saned.
>

>  In that case, the
>> genesys backend was immediately chosen. What else can I try?
>>

> The below log shows, that scanbd recognizes the scanner and his options.
> So now you have to figure out which buttons correlate to which option value
> changes: just press a button and watch the log. Then you can tweak the
> scripts for the button actions.

This is the current status:
1) saned not running + scanbd not running + scanimage -L --> scanner found
2) saned not running + scanbd running + manually running scanbm --> the
logs show scanbd is interrupted for a short moment
3) saned not running + scanbd running + scanimage -L --> scanner *not* found

Why is case #3 not working?