[sane-devel] Xsane used on HP Scanjet 2400c observations

Shaligram K R shaligm at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 2 07:05:19 UTC 2013

Hi
I am an Ubuntu newbie. I also use Simple Scan which is good but only B&W. For colour Xsane is wonderful.

I tried Xsane with HP Scanjet 2400c. Initially there was a message of incompatibility. But the software worked and the scans were briliant. Thanks for the developers.
What did not work was the preview, so I went directly for the scan and was extremely happy with the images.  If I change the dpi from 300 to 600 scanning fails. The OCR engine did not work.

If you have any queries pls let me know. I shall try to respond to the extent I can, being a newbie.
Regards
Shaligram