[sane-devel] add a Canon scanner to scanbuttond

Thomas Rechberger t.rechberger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 21:27:36 UTC 2013

Lacking of a scanbuttond group i post it here.
Got a Canon FB636 which is working good in libsane but without buttons
it doesnt make much sense as a network scanner.
In scanbuttond it doesnt seem to be supported, when i start scanbuttond
-f it will recognize the scanner but if i press any button, nothing will
happen.

Then i started an USB sniffer and found that its sending
CONTROL_TRANSFER with data "04".

I checked scanbuttond sources and found in backends plustek.c file that
some scanners there will use:
if ((bytes[0] & 0x04) != 0) button = 1;

So i downloaded sources with:
apt-get source scanbuttond

then i just added my device id 0x04a9 0x2204 to plustek.c

and:
dpkg-source --commit
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
dkpg -i .....

i run scanbuttond -f again but still shows nothing.
Maybe its not that easy as i thought?