[sane-devel] Displaying a Static Text Box in Xsane

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Dec 21 06:44:03 UTC 2013

On 20/12/2013 13:09, Shyam Rath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a SANE Backend developer.
> We have a requirement where we want to show some static information to
> the user.
> Can we make XSANE to show some information in a Static Text Box.

     Hello,

     in its current form, the SANE standard doesn't allow such
communication to the frontend. There are cases where I would like to
tell the user that some special action is required, and which I cannot
do due SANE current limitation. For instance there is no way to tell a
sheetfed scanner user that calibration is needed, which involves feeding
the calibration sheet. There is also no way to tell the lamp warmup or
calibration is going on, and the user has to wait.

Regards,
     Stef