[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.1.1 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 12:01:22 UTC 2013
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only two clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or a
selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a
thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple operations such as
cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file, or
single page image file.
Changelog for 1.1.1:
* + support for tesseract 3.02.01
* Fixed tesseract 3.00 support
* Fixed bug sending PDF as email
Closes bug 152 (No eMail gscan2pdf 1.1 Suse 12.2)
* Don't need to convert image to .bmp for cuneiform 1.1.0
* Ensure the image resolution, and therefore the page size, is either taken
from the file or inferred from the page dimensions.
Closes Launchpad bug 889549
(gscan2pdf gimp integration creates page size error)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to Prescott_SK)
More information about the sane-devel