[sane-devel] scanbm

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Thu Feb 7 20:00:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 17:32 +0100, Matthias Thon wrote:
> Hello,
>

> i like to setup scanbd with my Canon MG6250. scanbd -f works and
> reacts on pressing scanner buttons.
>
> Now i like to use scanimage on this machine. If i load scand and scan
> over the net backend it works. But if i try to start scanbd and setup
> scanbm in xinetd, scanbd will not interruped.
>
> Then i tryed to send to send a signal:
>
> kill -s SIGUSR1 interrupts the scanbd. kill -s SIGUSR2 restarts the
> polling.
>
> But scanbm -d -t0 --signal -a scan does not interrup the scanbd.

Do you have the -f option on the scanbd command line? If so, scanbd does
not create the pid-file. And scanbm uses that to find the pid of
scanbd.

> I can't enable the dbus service on my ubuntu 12.10, because it haven't
> systemd.

dbus does not require systemd! It works also without systemd. Don't get
confused by the fact that the configfile de.kmux.scanbd.server.service
is in the systemd directory. That is for systemd only (and I am not even
sure that it is really required there: we do not need udev activation).
The only file really required is scanbd_dbus.conf that goes
into /etc/dbus-1/system.d (this has no relation to systemd!). That tells
udev the access rules that apply for dbus messages. Do check that it
contains the userid you use on your system (this file assume that you
use saned as userid). So if your system has udev, just install
scanbd_dbus.conf

> Here the output of scanbm and the syslog part.
>

> regards Matthias
>

> Terminal:
>
> sudo scanbm --signal -d -t0 -a scan
>

> Syslog:
>
> Feb  7 17:20:10 matze-Satellite-C660 saned[6115]: saned (AF-indep
> +IPv6) from sane-backends 1.0.24git starting up
> Feb  7 17:20:10 matze-Satellite-C660 saned[6115]: check_host:
> getpeername failed: Socket operation on non-socket
> Feb  7 17:20:10 matze-Satellite-C660 saned[6115]: init: access by host
> [error] denied
> Feb  7 17:20:10 matze-Satellite-C660 saned[6115]: saned exiting

Please mail me your xinetd config file and the scanbd startup script you
are using?

Thanks, Louis