[sane-devel] Canoscan LIDE700 issue

paavo at benthicscience.com paavo at benthicscience.com
Wed Feb 20 08:15:03 UTC 2013

Thank you all.  I was about to write in regarding the same issue raised last night.  The Canon LIDE700F works on one system, but fails on three other units running the same, recent release of sane in Ubuntu 12.04 environments.  On the 32bit systems for which it fails (desktop, laptops, using powered hubs and direct to controller connections) it looks like the scanner is connecting and disconnecting between the start of the call and the next, resulting in invalid arguments.  The device  lib:usb:001:xxx where xxx increments by +1 whenever sudo scanimage >image.pnm  is run.  Sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L report the proper vendor and product codes.  On one failed system the libsane-genesys.so.1.0.23 file is not in /usr/lib/sane, but   libsane-hpaio.so.1 is there.  I tried cloning the git repository, but remote directory seems to hang.

Cheers, Brian