[sane-devel] Canoscan LIDE700 issue

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Feb 20 20:01:01 UTC 2013

On 20/02/2013 09:15, paavo at benthicscience.com wrote:
> Thank you all.  I was about to write in regarding the same issue raised last night.  The Canon LIDE700F works on one system, but fails on three other units running the same, recent release of sane in Ubuntu 12.04 environments.  On the 32bit systems for which it fails (desktop, laptops, using powered hubs and direct to controller connections) it looks like the scanner is connecting and disconnecting between the start of the call and the next, resulting in invalid arguments.  The device  lib:usb:001:xxx where xxx increments by +1 whenever sudo scanimage >image.pnm  is run.  Sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L report the proper vendor and product codes.  On one failed system the libsane-genesys.so.1.0.23 file is not in /usr/lib/sane, but   libsane-hpaio.so.1 is there.  I tried cloning the git repository, but remote directory seems to hang.
>
> Cheers, Brian

     Hello,

     scanimage --version will tell the exact SANE and backend version.
1.0.23 is required for full 700F support.
     In case you have still a problem and have SANE 1.0.23 installed,
providing me with the debug log obtained by running in a command shell:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
scanimage -d genesys --resolution 75 --preview --mode Color 2>debug.log
 >debug.pnm

Regards,
     Stef