[sane-devel] HP G2410c with Ubuntu 12.04

Uday Gaitonde gaitondeun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 07:24:36 UTC 2013

I have the following system:
Dell Vostro 1310 (May 2009)
Ubuntu 12.04 installed recently.

Ubuntu details:
Linux jaya-laptop 3.2.0-38-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 19 12:18:21 UTC
2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

xsane details:
>xsane -v
xsane-0.998 (c) 1998-2010 Oliver Rauch
  E-mail: Oliver.Rauch at xsane.org
  package xsane-0.996
  compiled with GTK-2.24.10
  with color management function
  with GIMP support, compiled with GIMP-2.6.12
  XSane output formats: jpeg, pdf(compr.), png, pnm, ps(compr.), tiff, txt

Scanner is detected as HP G2400c:
>scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:006:002' is a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 2400c flatbed
scanner

xane begins to work ok:
>xsane
[genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[genesys]          report any failure/success to
[genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as
many
[genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.

However, what I see in the preview window after 'acquire preview' is junk -
garbage.
But, the scan is saved properly!  But without a preview, I cannot set the
scan area!

Sincerely,
U N Gaitonde