[sane-devel] compile problems with scanbd: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_sigmask@@GLIBC_2.2.5'

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Mon Jan 7 20:01:25 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 00:12 +0100, Dominik Kopp wrote:
> Louis Lagendijk wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 22:12 +0100, Dominik Kopp wrote:
> > This was something missed in the autoconf configuation. I hopefully
> > fixed it in svn. Can you try again?
> > I also fixed the autoconf rebuilding.
>
> yes, make all was sucessfully. it compiles.
>
> Note:
> in the doc/README.txt chapter 1.1 stands, that libjpeg8-devel is required.
> however, it seems to work with libjpeg62(-devel) as well, which is installed
> per default (nevertheless, the libjpeg8(-devel) is also available in the
> repo)

I don't have a Suse installed here so I can not check myself, but
libjpeg8  is the old libjpeg8 if I understand it correctly, while
libjpeg is the new jpeg-turbo implementation. Wilhelm tested this and
libjpeg8 worked. I assume that is does not matter much, but using
libjpeg seems safer than libjpeg8 (the old one), depending on what
libsane is linked to (what does ldd /usr/lib/libsane.so | grep jpeg
return?
> next problem:
> I don't have any /etc/inetd.conf
> opensuse has /etc/xinetd.conf
>
> And this uses a different style as in chapter 3) of README.txt
> ("sane-port stream tcp4 nowait ..."
man scanbm should have answered that, execpt for the fact that it still
refers to scanbd rather than scanbm
Kind regards, Louis