[sane-devel] Scanner Button Daemon [scanbd] 1.3: parse error in config file

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Sat Jan 19 22:55:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 18:54 +0100, Rolf Bensch wrote:
> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> Yesterday I started with scanbd and my CS9000F.
>
> I mentioned an error with scanbd.conf:
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/scanbd -df -c /usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf
> /usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf:197: no such option 'include'
> /usr/local/bin/scanbd: parse error in config file
>
> As a workaround I copied the contents of pixma.conf into scanbd.conf.
>
> It could be nice to use the 'include' function. Configuration will be
> much easier to use prepared conf files. I'll provide my conf and script
> files to the ml when everything is working.
>
> Cheers,
> Rolf

hello Rolf
include works only in between sections. It does work here with the
default config. Could you please mail me the failing configuration so I
can have a look at it? As Wilhelm already pointed out, I did most of the
changes (and bugs :-) ) for the 1.3 release

Are you running the stock 1.3 version or from subversion?
Kind regards, Louis