[sane-devel] genesys backend update

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 06:50:25 UTC 2013

     Hello,

     thanks for an hardware donation from Dany Qumsieh, I have been able
to work on better support for the LiDE 210. I have improved scanning
speed at resolution below 600 (saving about 8s), and in the process
improved darkness issue with this scanner (#313886).
     Incorrect gray scans geometry has also been fixed. However, since
the motor of the LiDE 100 and 210 can't work at very low resolution, the
gray scans show some "staircase effect" due to the fact that scan is
done at a higher resolution, and lines discarded to match the real
target. I hope to alleviate this by enabling true gray on these sensors.

Regards,
     Stef