[sane-devel] genesys backend update

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 08:20:28 UTC 2013

Le 18/07/2013 08:50, Stef a écrit :
>      Hello,
>
>      thanks for an hardware donation from Dany Qumsieh, I have been able
> to work on better support for the LiDE 210. I have improved scanning
> speed at resolution below 600 (saving about 8s), and in the process
> improved darkness issue with this scanner (#313886).
>      Incorrect gray scans geometry has also been fixed. However, since
> the motor of the LiDE 100 and 210 can't work at very low resolution, the
> gray scans show some "staircase effect" due to the fact that scan is
> done at a higher resolution, and lines discarded to match the real
> target. I hope to alleviate this by enabling true gray on these sensors.
>
> Regards,
>      Stef

Thanks a lot, Stef!

Darkness is the essential reason I don't use my 210 with Sane right now,
so it's great to know the situation has improved, and I would love to
see how much it has.

I see your changes are in the git repo, but is there a package available
somewhere? I've found
<https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/sane-git>, but even though
it packages daily snapshots, it is not daily itself, and it currently
doesn't contain your changes.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.