[sane-devel] Epson2 backend and ADF

Michael Koltan koltan at gmx.de
Sun Jul 28 14:18:21 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I'm using an Epson GT-10000+ Scanner with an ADF; after upgrading to the
latest debian version the epkowa backend I used stopped working, so I
started patching the epson2 backend to get it working with my scanner
and ADF. I found quite a number of bugs regarding the ADF in the driver,
which I think I have mostly fixed now and will eventually publish as a
patch.

But for the last fix I need some information from you guys. The problem
occurres when scanning duplex: The backside of the last page does not
get scanned because the scanner reports that the adf is out of paper
after scanning the front side.
This in itself is not a big problem: I just have to track while scanning
duplex whether I am on a front page or a back page and ignore the out of
paper status when the next page to scan is a back page.

My question however is: Does anyone of you know if all epson scanners
with adf behave this way? Then I may write a general fix for this
problem. Or is this a bug in the GT-10000+ firmware and other scanners
report out of paper after scanning the last back page in duplex mode
(which would make a lot more sense)? Then I would have to mark this as a
specifig GT-10000+ fix. Or is there an additional status flag that
offers information if there is still an unscanned backpage inside the
scanner?

It would be great if you could help me with this.

And, by the way: To whom do I send the patches when I have a stable
version of the driver?

Thanks in advance

Michael