[sane-devel] Pulstek OpticBook 3800 - problems with openning device on 1.0.23+

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Sun Jun 30 07:45:48 UTC 2013

> >>       In order to test a newly compiled version, you can run it with the
> >>
> >> attached script (edit it to adapt it for the exact location of sane
> >> sources on your PC).
> >> The debugging output (preview.pnm and preview.log) will help the
> >> development and fixes of the backend part for GL846.
> >
> > see
> > preview.git.as.canonf101.gl846.log
> >
> > there  are also two files that shows how differently works gl847 in git
> > and 1.0.22
>      I have starting to add preliminary code to handle the GL845 in the
> genesys backend. I'll commit it in git in about a week. Meanwhile I have
> updated sane-find-scanner to better detect genesys ASICs. I am
> interested by the test of the very latest git code on your scanner. You
> don't have to do 'make install' to try the new sane-find-scanner
> version, just run ./sane-find-scanner from the 'tools' subdirectory.

Current git gives two different behavior when I try to scanimage.

1. It turn off lamp, turn on lamp, move head little bit forward, move it back,
stop

2. Just turn off lamp and all

there is a debug output of both variants.

// Sorry for being so late, I misread your message, and decided that you will
make ASIC detect in future and were waiting for test request, wondering why
does it takes so long. And only now I reread message and understood that all
already done by now, long time ago... Sorry once again...