[sane-devel] Pulstek OpticBook 3800 - problems with openning device on 1.0.23+

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Jun 30 14:56:19 UTC 2013

On 30/06/2013 09:45, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:

>>> see
>>> preview.git.as.canonf101.gl846.log
>>>
>>> there  are also two files that shows how differently works gl847 in git
>>> and 1.0.22
>>       I have starting to add preliminary code to handle the GL845 in the
>> genesys backend. I'll commit it in git in about a week. Meanwhile I have
>> updated sane-find-scanner to better detect genesys ASICs. I am
>> interested by the test of the very latest git code on your scanner. You
>> don't have to do 'make install' to try the new sane-find-scanner
>> version, just run ./sane-find-scanner from the 'tools' subdirectory.
> Current git gives two different behavior when I try to scanimage.
>
> 1. It turn off lamp, turn on lamp, move head little bit forward, move it back,
> stop
>
> 2. Just turn off lamp and all
>
> there is a debug output of both variants.
>

> // Sorry for being so late, I misread your message, and decided that you will
> make ASIC detect in future and were waiting for test request, wondering why
> does it takes so long. And only now I reread message and understood that all
> already done by now, long time ago... Sorry once again...

     Hello,

     ahem, in fact I realize I forgot to mail that a new version with
early gl845 support was released. So you didn't miss anything.

     The cause of the problem is:

[genesys] genesys_send_shading_coefficient start
[genesys] genesys_send_shading_coefficient: sensor 26 not supported
[genesys] genesys_start_scan: failed to send shading calibration
coefficients: Operation not supported
[genesys] sane_genesys_start: Operation not supported

I have still some places to change for this new sensor. Slope table
traces also look bad. I think I can fix this this week.

Regards,
     Stef