[sane-devel] scanner not found

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Mar 25 14:42:19 UTC 2013

написане Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:28:54 +0200, Albrecht Mehl
<mehl at freunde.tu-darmstadt.de>:

> I want to use the scanner
>
>    epson perfection v 330 photo
>
> within opensuse linux 12.2. But when xsane 0.998 is opened while the
> scanner is on the message 'No device found' appears.
>
> According to yast2 the following has been installed
>
>    - hplip-sane
>    - ksaneplugin
>    - libksane0
>    - sane-backends
>    - sane-backends-32bit
>    - sane-backends-autoconfig
>    - xsane
>
> In yast2, hardware, scanner, configuration the scanner is listed as not
> configured. Modify opens a long driver's list. For my scanner - see
> above - there is but one driver, but one is cautioned not to use it.
>
> Epson itself does not support linux.
>
> Help to get the device running would be appreciated.
>
> A. Mehl

Hi,

I have exactly the same scanner. It works perfectly in Mageia with
iscan/sane drivers.

You should install the packages that can be downloaded from this page:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/searchModule

Just enter "v330 photo" into search field and choose "Linux".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

P.S. Epson supports Linux.