[sane-devel] scanner not found

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Mar 26 12:52:31 UTC 2013

Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:52:56 +0200 було написано Albrecht Mehl
<mehl at freunde.tu-darmstadt.de>:

> First I would like to thank Yuri and Olaf for their replies.
>
> Searching for 'Perfection v 330 photo' does not help, for 'v 330 photo'
> does. That's why I did not find any driver.
>
> In the meantime I have installed successfully
>
>    iscan-data-1.22.0-1.noarch.rpm
>    iscan-2.29.1-5.usb0.1.ltdl7.x86_64.rpm
>
> But nevertheless in yast, scanner my scanner is still listed as not
> configured. Modify - correct for german bearbeiten??? - results in the
> already known list of drivers. Therein
>
>    Third Party Image Scan Driver software from Epson/Avasys required.
>    Driver epkoma should give good performance [requires DFSG non-free
>    esci-interpreter-perfection-v-330]
>
> Continue
>     epkoma can lead to trouble in 64 architecture
> Continue
>     epkoma: no scanner found
>     epson scanner: not configured
>
> So further help will be welcome.
>
> Albrecht

Hi,

Please install esci-interpreter-perfection-v330-0.2.0-1.x86_64.rpm (second
link on the search results page).

Please also make sure that the packages have been properly installed (in
Mageia, for example, they conflict with sane-backends-iscan package).

It is also good to test the scanner in your scanner software (iscan,
xsane, skanlite, etc.) from root (only for the first time), without YaST.

Best regards,
Yuri