[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

Aaron Silver silaaron at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:54:55 UTC 2013

I've got a Mustek A3 1200S flatbed scanner that I'd like to use with XSANE.
The sane-find-scanner reported the USB ID as 0x055f and the Device ID as
0x0502. It thought the scanner had a GL848+ chip, but when I opened the
case I see a chip with GL128 stamped on it.

I had USBlyzer listen while I did a couple of scans (one full A3 size, and
one of the lower half of the page), but I don't know what the next step is
or how to take it. If someone can walk me through it I'd be happy to do as
much of the work as I can, but I'm also willing (and some would say very
able) to play dumb monkey and feed someone knowledgeable the information
they ask for.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Silver