[sane-devel] New hardware report, patches: Canon PIXMA MX920/MX922, pixma_mp150.c

human2013odd at icebubble.org human2013odd at icebubble.org
Wed Nov 6 01:50:21 UTC 2013

Rolf Bensch <rolf at bensch-online.de> writes:

> Please check scanner's raw data with this patch:

<snip />

With that patch applied, the raw data exhibits the same color shifting.
See attached PNM.

> There is a well known bug for ADF scans. If you like I can send you some
> test code so that we can fix this issue. I have no ADF scanner to test
> this by myself.

Sure, I'd be happy to test it.

> Your scanner should also button controlled. Please test this patch:

<snip />

With that patch applied, the button status is correctly reflected by
"scanimage -A", and the buttons can be used in --button-controlled=yes
mode.  However, button control is buggy:

 1. If you press Gray to cancel, scanimage exits as expected, but the
    scanner sits there (waiting for something) and can't be used.  After
    about 30 seconds, it times out, and the scanner can be used again.

 2. If you press one of the buttons before scanimage has a chance to
    poll button status, the scanner does the same thing (just wait).
    After the scanner times out and comes back to reality, a subsequent
    button press is received and processed by scanimage correctly.