[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MP230

Marc Marí 5.markmb.5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:41:13 UTC 2013

Hello everyone

I just bought a Canon Pixma MP230. Unfortunately, there is no good support.
I tried the native drivers, and it printed properly but not scanned. So I
looked for other solutions.

I found that the MP250 driver is compatible for the MP230. I removed the
propietary drivers, and I tried configuring CUPS with that driver. And it
worked. Now, I'm wondering how can I force to load the MP250 driver.

So, my question is: how can I force loading the MP250 driver for using with
MP250 in sane?

I have Crunchbang Waldorf (based on Debian 7), kernel 3.2.0-4 and 64 bits.
I enabled the debug mode with SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11 and PIXMA_EXPERIMENT=1,
and I use xsane 0.996

Thank you in advance