[sane-devel] canon scanner

Shashi Thutupalli stpalli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:13:06 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to make some changes to the operation of a CanoScan 600F.
However, since I do not have any experience in these matters, I thought
it best to write to the community for advice - I presume that I should
be making some changes to the SANE backend driver.

  The following are the operations I would like to achieve and I would
be very happy for your detailed instructions on how I achieve this.

1) turn off the built-in LED illumination, since I plan to use an
external LED illumination.
2) turn off the calibration step which automatically sets the gain and
the offset of each individual sensor pixel, prior to scanning.
3) set the pixel clock to the available minimum frequency to slow down
the speed of the scanning and thus increase the "exposure time".
4) increase the gain of the sensor to its maximum possible value.
5) set the resolution of the scan to 1200 dpi.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Thanks
very much in advance!

Best regards,
Shashi