[sane-devel] Issue with Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Mon Apr 14 20:12:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 07:41 +0200, Wolfgang Fahl wrote:
> Dear Sane developers,
>
> please find attached a zipped log with the result of my test with a
> ScanSnap iX500 (due to the 100 KByte Limit for this mailinglist I could
> not simply paste the content).
>
> This test was done on a Macbook Pro running Mavericks using the latest
> git version.
> My macports 1.0.22 Version didn't work at all.
> I had to comment out the pixma driver to avoid
>
> [bjnp] create_broadcast_socket: ERROR - bind socket to local address failed - Address already in use

I just built sane on my old (2009) iMac with 10.6 using jhbuild. I can
not reproduce this error message. It could of course be an issue with
Mavericks or MacPorts?
What does netstat -n |grep 8612 return for you?

> See also http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26194
> where the pixma driver causes a Segmentation violation. I think
> commenting out by default might be a good idea to have
> more people have success on Mac OS.

Same story I cannot reproduce this issue either. I did not use macports
but jhbuild, so that may be related too. But sane 1.0.22 is pretty
ancient by now.
Commenting pixma backend out is like sweeping the issue under the
carpet. It would me more useful for people using a Canon to get the bug
solved....