[sane-devel] Canon MF8200C Series

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Fri Aug 22 16:57:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 18:45 +0200, Troels Thomsen wrote:

>         No dns server. Its a relatively freshly installed Mint,
>         sitting behind a cable router with dhcp.
> The  192.168.1.50 is just chosen as static ip on the printer, because
> the windows driver like it to be that way.
Which is fine for the pixma backend, it will find it as long as you are
on the same subnet.Everything will work as long as DNS does return
somethig sensible for the reverse and forward lookups (or you defined
the IP-address in /etc/hosts).
(something sensible is return a hostname or a NXDOMAIN, it looks as if
your DNS doesn't do that)

> Yes I removed everything else than net and pixma from dll.conf.
>
> As you probably saw, it worked much better when I was pointed
> towards /usr/local/etc/sane.d/
> :-)
>

> I'm still puzzeled on why the ./configure BACKENDS="pixma" trick
> didn't work.

Check for "old" backends in the sane libdir
(normally /usr/lib[64]/saneand in dll.conf if you compiled for the
standard locations on Linux

BR, Louis