[sane-devel] Canon MX 725 network problems

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Sat Aug 23 13:02:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 22:59 +0200, HelpHelp wrote:
> Hello Louis,
>
> your were absolutely right. I tried it out with usb, and there it is the
> same. So it might be a problem
> with the pixma driver in general.
> Should I open a new bug report, or could we solve the problem here?
>
> you can find the logs here
>
> sane-usb: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12003240/logs/sane-usb.log
> sane-lan: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12003240/logs/sane.network.log
>
> Thank you!
>
> Regards

I had a look at the previous trace again. I wonder whether this is a
backend problem or an issue with gscan2pdf. Can you reproduce the
problem with scanimage?

The reason I suspect gscan2pdf is that the exceptions it throws suggest
that it may not yet be setup properly before you start a scan. Can you
please test with scanimage?
Maybe Rolf can have a look at the traces as well
Thanks
Louis