[sane-devel] Canon DR-G1100 status in SANE ?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:15:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM, JF Straeten <jfstraeten at scarlet.be> wrote:

> Hi Allan,
>

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 03:25:17PM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
>
>> I have reports that the G1100 works, but nothing further.
>
> (Me too, but given the price of the device, better safe than sorry...)
>

>> You might also want to investigate Fujitsu scanners, they are
>> pricey, but they give me protocol documentation for most of their
>> models, and so are fairly easy to support.
>
> May I ask what do you think about the fi-6670 ? Did you see it working
> and is its 'Good' reported status suitable for real life office
> workload (for example, does it sustain the advertised 90ppm under
> SANE) ?

I have never used one personally, but I have reports that it works
well, and reaches it's rated speed with sane.

> On paper at least, it seems to be more or less in the same category as
> the G1100 and might do the trick...
>
> Also, if I understand what is the CGA board, an « A » model would be
> of no interest under SANE, or is it a chance of support in the
> future ?

The CGA board is a useless waste of money, I have no idea why Fujitsu
still sells them. The only thing weird about the 6670 and 6770 is that
they cannot be woken up from power saving mode by software. But,
sticking a paper into them wakes them up.

allan