[sane-devel] Canon DR-G1100 status in SANE ?

JF Straeten jfstraeten at scarlet.be
Tue Aug 26 17:11:26 UTC 2014

Hi Allan,

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 03:25:17PM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:

> I have reports that the G1100 works, but nothing further.

(Me too, but given the price of the device, better safe than sorry...)

> You might also want to investigate Fujitsu scanners, they are
> pricey, but they give me protocol documentation for most of their
> models, and so are fairly easy to support.

May I ask what do you think about the fi-6670 ? Did you see it working
and is its 'Good' reported status suitable for real life office
workload (for example, does it sustain the advertised 90ppm under
SANE) ?

On paper at least, it seems to be more or less in the same category as
the G1100 and might do the trick...

Also, if I understand what is the CGA board, an « A » model would be
of no interest under SANE, or is it a chance of support in the
future ?

Thanks very much for your answers,

--

JFS.