[sane-devel] Epkowa backend not working on Ubuntu 13.10

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Wed Jan 1 12:09:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

I installed the latest iscan packages from download.ebz.epson.net and can not
get my (RX500) scanner to work. The backend works as much as providing the
device name through sane_get_devices(), but sane_open() exits the application.
Adding "SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=16" does nothing.

I also have a bug report for Skanlite where the use receives an error at
sane_open(). The scanner in that case is Epson artisan 730.

Trying to compile from sources resulted in a dependency problem with libtiff4-
dev vs libtiff5-dev which is used by libsane in Ubuntu 13.10.

Regards,
  Kåre