[sane-devel] Plustek opticfilm 7600i

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:59:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
> On 08/01/2014 00:53, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>>
>> Update.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will look for other ways.
>>
>> I managed to get hold of an old laptop with Windows XP on, and have
>> installed the 7600i drivers (and included QuickScan application). This
>> app will do preview scans (as well as 600, 1200, 2400, 3600 and 7200
>> dpi scans).
>> Now, whch tools should i use to log the usb traffic? This[1] one?

>     Hello,
>
>     I'd recommend http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/  .
>
> Regards,
>     Stef

Ok, usbsnoop log file here: http://ge.tt/5EMIzWD1/v/0
(zipped 6.6 MB, unzipped about 26.1 MB)
Not sure how long it's gonna stay there (ok, the FAQ says 30 days).

What I did:
- after installing the filter, I selected "Replug".
Next I pressed the QuickScan button on the scanner (the only way to
start the QuickScan application, AFAICT), which did a prescan.
QuickScan settings are "Negative Film", Preview enable and defaults
for the rest.
I'm not sure what resolution etc. the prescan is done with.

Hope this helps.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen