[sane-devel] Plustek opticfilm 7600i

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Jan 13 05:53:55 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 20:59, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
>> On 08/01/2014 00:53, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>>> Update.

>>> I managed to get hold of an old laptop with Windows XP on, and have
>>> installed the 7600i drivers (and included QuickScan application). This
>>> app will do preview scans (as well as 600, 1200, 2400, 3600 and 7200
>>> dpi scans).
>>> Now, whch tools should i use to log the usb traffic? This[1] one?

>>      Hello,
>>
>>      I'd recommend http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/  .
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Stef
> Ok, usbsnoop log file here: http://ge.tt/5EMIzWD1/v/0
> (zipped 6.6 MB, unzipped about 26.1 MB)
> Not sure how long it's gonna stay there (ok, the FAQ says 30 days).
>
> What I did:
> - after installing the filter, I selected "Replug".
> Next I pressed the QuickScan button on the scanner (the only way to
> start the QuickScan application, AFAICT), which did a prescan.
> QuickScan settings are "Negative Film", Preview enable and defaults
> for the rest.
> I'm not sure what resolution etc. the prescan is done with.
>
> Hope this helps.
     Hello,

     I have downloaded and decoded the log. I can confirm it is a
genesys based device. However since the chip used can only do 2400 dpi
max, I expect some hardware trick if this scanner can reach the 7200
hardware resolution.
     Another thing is that used SCANMOD is tagged 'RESERVED' in GL842
datasheet. So I expect it will be different from other supported
scanners that don't use this SCANMOD
     So since it is no close enough to other devices I have, I cannot
add support for this model without having the real hardware.

Regards,
     Stef