[sane-devel] Linux support for Scanjet 300 ?

Huub Van Niekerk huubvanniekerk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 07:46:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. After checking the supported list and the seller catalog, I have chosen to send it back and buy the completely supported scanner Canon CanoScan LiDE 210. Also read a good review for Linux on that one.

Regards,

H.

On Monday, January 13, 2014 7:04 AM, Stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

On 10/01/2014 10:54, Huub Van Niekerk wrote:

Hi,

>Running CentOS 6.5 (with sane-1.0.21) I want to use this
        scanner. After connecting it, dmesg shows it's there and
        sane-find-scanner shows ¨(vendor=0x03f0, product=0x1d05,
        chip=GL848+?) at libusb:003:005", but scanimage -L says no
        scanners were identified. The sane-project page doesn't show it,
        and the seller doesn't mention Linux as supported (for any
        scanner, not even for the more expensive supported ones), but
        mentions Linux in the properties.
>So my question is, since 1.0.21 is old, is it supported in the
        newer versions? Or will it be soon ?

>Thanks.

    Hello,

    this scanner is not supported. Since it is a GL848 based
    scanner, it could be added to the genesys backend.

Regards,
    Stef