[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 4700 & Canon LiDE 90

Jaromír Cápík tavvva at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 21 21:03:25 UTC 2014

Hello guys.

I'd like to know whether by any chance someone's currently working on the
mentioned two scanners (UMAX Astra 4700 & Canon LiDE 90).
None of them seem to be marked as supported in the list of scanners,
however it seems few guys at least tried to make them work in the past.

I'm willing to collect any data and test diagnostic drivers
in order to make at least one of these working. Our non-profit
organization got these scanners as a gift, but as we don't own
any M$ software, we cannot use them.

Even when I have no experience with the SANE source code,
I have quite a lot of experience with hardware design and software
development. I could try to beat the scanners by myself with some
hints from you, if you're willing to help me.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Regards,
Jaromir.

--