[sane-devel] CanoScan 3200F support

Jure Špik spikolynn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:47:03 UTC 2014

Hello, I read some threads from 2013 that support for Canon CanoScan 3200F
scanner is being added to SANE. Since I'd like to add a scanner to our
linux server I was wondering if this one would work.

I checked http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-3200f.html but the
documentation link there is dead.

sane-find-scanner from 1.0.24 finds it (could not fetch string descriptor:
Pipe error
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x2216 [CanoScan]) at
libusb:001:003) but scanimage -L does not, neither does xsane.

I tried to get it to work by getting source from git and compiling 3200f
backend but it seems there is no support for it. (no rule to make target. I
tried adding targets to the makefile as seen on the web, but it seems that
is not enough)

I told my boss about my trouble and he agreed that we should get a scanner
with better support for linux so I'm asking you if there is a quick way for
me to solve this problem with 3200F or please some advice on what scanner
make we should get that sane would support (100-200€ budget, any kind of
port)

Thank you, Jure