[sane-devel] MX925: Scan via Display to SANE??

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Wed May 7 17:12:15 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

please try this:
(1) export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4
(2) scanimage --button-controlled=yes > text.pnm

If nothing happens after pressing 'SCAN' or 'COLOR' button, please try
again with 'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11' and send the output to me.

This normally scans one page button controlled. For multiple pages
scanimage and xsane can scan in 'batch mode'. Please read the man pages
about this.

I prefer 'scanbd' for button controlled scanning.

Cheers,
Rolf