[sane-devel] scanimage / tesseract interoperability

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 00:06:03 UTC 2014

We would accept a patch which adds a new argument to scanimage which
causes it to output the filename to stdout when it is in batch mode.
In single scan mode, this will never work, because the image is
printed on stdout. Another option is to add the filename to stderr,
which already has some meta info. Then tesseract (or an intermediate
script) could parse and extract the image name. That would make your
command lines more complicated, however.

allan