[sane-devel] scanimage / tesseract interoperability

Jeff Breidenbach jeff at jab.org
Mon May 12 17:05:53 UTC 2014

Thank you, Allan. Tesseract will also accept image data directly
on stdin, so single scan mode should work just fine.  I think it is
cleaner to use stdout as opposed to stderr for filenames. I will work
on a patch.

There is one possible alternative. Scanimage could emit image data
to stdout using one of the multi-image formats. For example, multi-image
PNM is simply the concatenation of individual PNM files. Let me know if
you prefer that instead.

Cheers,
Jeff